Wednesday, June 3, 2009

About Me

Hi my name is Laron McBryde. Welcome to my blog! To start you off, I am currently a sophomore at High School for International Business and Finance in New York City. I am very proactive being that I work, play basketball, football, and chess as well as making time for the Model United Nations (MUN) club I am in.
MUN is a new experience for me since this is my first year trying this. What MUN is about is that it is a simulation of the real United Nations, coming up with many ideas on how to solve international problems. I enjoyed my first year of MUN because it gives you the opportunity to use diplomacy (which I am very good at) as well as role playing. My first MUN year was very successful being that I now got a sample of how this program works. I met many friends within my region as well as around the world. I also won a award shared with my partner and friend at school for representing our country's position and using excellent diplomacy.
Besides all the things I do during school hours, I make my family and playing chess my number one priority at home. I study at least six hours playing chess (during my leisure time or before an intense tournament). I been all around the world playing chess. Chess has opened up many doors for me such as college opportunities and other programs. I am very happy to know that I am engaged in MUN as well as chess because I know both will provide me with an excellent application for the future college I want to apply to.

No comments:

Post a Comment