Thursday, June 11, 2009

Resolutions

Today I still face problems with creating resolutions because no matter how hard I try, they do not sound right to me. Resolution writing is one of the key parts of MUN because they come up with many alternatives on how to solve a world issue. Writing a resolution is similar to speaking. You have to know the "MUN language." There are many rules in MUN when it comes to resolution writing. There are the pre-ambulatory clauses (becoming aware of current topic) and the operative clauses (taking action to solve the problem). Currently I have only written one resolution at the conference at the UN but I never got a chance to keep it being that the chair took it and over looked it. I have also written a clause for part of a resolution in Philadelphia. It was my idea but I had the other kids re word it to make it sound better (so it is controversial whether I wrote it or not). But I look forward to writing more resolutions in the future being that my skills have improved over my course of MUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment