Sunday, June 14, 2009

Access High School

Access High School is a high school that is also in New York City. This was actually the first conference I ever been to (although it was only a simulation). If it was not my global teacher who taught me all I know about MUN then it was attending the simulations here. Coming to these conferences helped me with my motions for caucuses as well as speaking. The simulations held here also gave me the courage to take on representing powerful countries. I remember role playing the United States. The topic was related similar to terrorism and many kids were asking me was the United States torturing terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. I really didn't have a answer for that (I was role playing) but I learned big countries take big risks so if you want to stay out of the fire then make sure you are a small country that has problems that are unrelated to the topic! But being the competitive person I am, I love the challenge that people give to me. My courage at these conferences has made me meet some of the kids who participated from Access High School. I got the chance to see them at the Philadelphia conference and the conference at the United Nations. I am glad I joined MUN because now I have met some friends outside of school who are also trying to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment