Monday, June 1, 2009

Reflection

Going into Model United Nations (MUN) was probaly the greatest challenge I have currently faced throughout my two years of being in high school. Starting out as a sophomore for my first year, I became participated in MUN by encouragement of my global history teacher. I also felt that maybe MUN would be a place where I could fit in being that I was not the biggest athlete in school or the smartest person in school. I also felt that maybe my input on what I had to say about some of the world's problems could possibly change the thought of many world leaders that debated in the conference rooms that I debated in. I knew this would be a great challenge, feeling intimidated by the juniors that were in my class who knew much more than me but I actually had the greatest experience with them. Personally, I feel that I have grown to become a family with many of my peers who participated in the 2008-2009 MUN class in our school. We had our ups and downs in the conference room as well as debating on a resolution in class. I feel very privelleged to experience something new in my life because I can now say that "I have been recognized for this", or "I have done that." It feels good being in MUN because when you have the floor to speak, everyone has their eyes on you. It gives me the rush knowing that I had hundreds of people quiet, wanting to know what do I plan on doing for solving this problem. MUN makes me feel like a winner because even when I lose by not winning an award or not getting a resolution passed or submitted in, I know overall that the Earth wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment